We have missed you!
Kia ora koutou
Now that we are in Level 1 we are happy to welcome you all back onto the school grounds and into the Hubs. We have missed you!
Level 1 means that we can have assembly on Friday and we hope you will all come and join us at 2.15pm in the school hall.
Any events that have been planned are now able to go ahead. Kaiako will send information home early this week if there are any trips/events planned for your children.
Clubs will go ahead this week - so make sure you consult the last newsletter and let your children know about the opportunities there are in during the school day.
Covid - 19 (Information from the Ministry of Education and the Minstry of Health)
The basics still work:
We have a large amount of control over how we can prevent the spread of COVID-19. Even with the new variants of the virus, the most important things we can do remain the same:
For our school we will:
- display QR code posters for the NZ COVID Tracer app
- keep our visitor register, attendance register and timetables up to date to help with contact tracing if needed
- be monitoring for illness and asking anyone who is unwell to remain at home, or to go home
- encourage people with relevant symptoms to seek medical advice through Healthline (0800 358 5453) or their GP and get tested for COVID if recommended to do so
- reinforce the importance of good hand washing and drying
- reinforce good cough and sneeze etiquette
- clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces regularly
Your whānau will also have good practices to follow to keep yourselves safe:
- check in using the NZ COVID Tracer app everywhere you go (the sooner you get notified that you were at a location of interest, the easier it will be to keep yourself and your whānau safe)
- switch on the Bluetooth function on the app (go to the dashboard in the app to do this)
- always stay home if you are unwell and seek advice from Healthline (0800 358 5453) or your GP
- get tested if recommended to do so. Testing is free to everyone in New Zealand!
- wash and dry hands thoroughly and frequently
- practise good cough and sneeze etiquette
- regularly clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces in your home
- wear face coverings on public transport
- for those of you who think you might have been at a location of interest at the specified time, follow the instructions on the Ministry of Health website or if you are unsure what to do, contact Healthline (0800 358 5453) for advice about getting tested
Ngā mihi nui ki a koutou for your support! Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow.