Teacher Only Day
Next Friday (June 4) is a Teacher Only Day. The school is closed on this day. The teachers will be using this day to attend professional development sessions based on our relentless focus on accelerating achievement in Reading.
(All schools and kura have been allocated eight additional teacher only days to use between now and the end of 2022. These eight days will not extend the school year. By the end of 2021 we will used four of these leaving us some to use at the beginning of and during 2022. The teacher only days are marked on the school calendar, and also can be found on the term dates link on Hero, and the website.)
Also a reminder that Monday 7 June is Queens Birthday so the school is closed on this day as well. Previously advertised dates.
Drop off Zone
This drop off zone is working so well - thanks everyone!. Just a reminder that you can not park in this area at drop off and pick up time. Also please remember to move slowly through this area as there are pedestrians and children can be unpredictable at times.
UC Plus Trainee Teachers
Today is the last day for four of our trainee teachers that have been working in our Kākano Hub.
Tēnā koe i āu whakapau kaha - Thank you for all your hard work!
It has been fantastic to have you all here - we have learned from you as you have been learning from us.
Grad School and UC Plus
Next week we have some new trainee teachers starting with us. We are looking forward to working with them and learning from them as well.
This term we are reviewing the policy Reporting to Parents on Student Progress and Achievement.
We know that our current policy does not reflect our practice at the moment so we are working on redrafting this policy. This is a chance for you to tell us what you think. You can add your thoughts in the comment section and we can use these to help us while we are redrafting.
In order to do this:
Visit the website https://stfrancischch.schooldocs.co.nz/1893.htm
Enter the username (stfrancischch) and password (assisi).
Follow the link to the relevant policy as listed. Read the policy. Click the Policy Review button at the top right-hand corner of the page. Select the reviewer type "Parent". Enter your name (optional). Submit your ratings and comments.If you don't have internet access, school office staff can provide you with printed copies of the policy and a review form.
Visitors to Our School - Feedback
Over the four weeks we have had many visitors to our school:
- Manaiakalani Principals - to share ideas and learning
- Teachers from Opawa school - came to see how our Year 7/8 Hub works, how the students manage their own learning
- Staff from St Joseph's School in Ashburton - came to see how our Year 7/8 Hub works, how the students manage their own learning and how we are using Hero as a reporting tool
- Team of people form Canterbury Rugby - some of our students had the chance to be filmed doing some drills
- Dianne Robinson from Matauraka Mahaanui - giving feedback to our students on their Tūrangawaewae project ideas
- Felicity Fahey - DP Kaiapoi North School - sharing her expertise in Structured Literacy. Teachers were able to be observed teaching using the Structured Literacy approach and received feedback to enhance our teaching and learning at our school.
Thank you to all our visitors!