Harrison Bond (year 12) has kept busy over the holiday period, competing in a number of surf life-saving competitions around the country.
At the Champion of the Bays competition, held in Gisborne from 11-12 January, Harrison gained a gold placing in four-man tube rescue. He also secured three silver placings in the under-19 sprints, under-19 flags, and under-19 sprint relay.
Harrison then competed at the Eastern Regional Championships, held at Mt Maunganui from 24-26 January, once again putting in a fantastic effort to secure a number of placings:
- First place in the under-19 beach relay
- First place in under-19 flags
- Second place in the open men's relay
- Third place in open men's flags
- Third place in the under-19 sprints
- Fourth place open men's sprints
Harrison has been invited to race for Queensland's Currumbin Surf Life Saving Club team, the Vikings, when they compete at the Australian national competition in April.