Medal haul at Waikato Junior Swimming Championships
Competing at the Waikato Junior Swimming Championships at from 27-28 February, St Paul's successfully gained several podium finishes. Congratulations to the following students on their swimming achievements:
- John Park (Year 9) had an excellent meet gaining gold in the 50m, 100m, and 200m breaststroke, silver in 100m butterfly, and bronze in 50m butterfly.
- Laura Littlejohn (Year 13) won gold in the 100m and 200m freestyle and bronze in the 50m freestyle.
- Neo Urlich (Year 10) picked up a silver medal in the 100m backstroke and bronze medals in the 100m butterfly and 50m backstroke.
- Sophie Perry (Year 12) swam six events, gaining a bronze medal and a personal best in the 50m butterfly.
- Ben Haskell (Year 13) swam in four events and picked up a silver medal in the mens' 200m backstroke.
- Stephen Miller (Year 9) gained a bronze in the 50m freestyle and 50m backstroke, and silver in 200m backstroke.
- Lochi Hoy (Year 9) picked up a bronze medal in the 200m backstroke.
- Will Peoples (Year 10) gained a bronze medal in the 50m breaststroke.
- Boston Tordoff (Year 12) swam one personal best in his four events, with a best finish of 4th in the 100m breaststroke.
- Matthew Chanwai (Year 12) set two personal best times in three of his events and had a best finish of 7th in the 200m freestyle.
- Samuel Peoples (Year 13) swam in two events and had a best finish of 4th in the 200m medley.
- Alina Zabel (Year 12) swam five events and had a best finish of 5th in the 50m butterfly.
- Amelie Austin (Year 11) swam six events, including two personal best times and a best finish of 4th in the 50m butterfly.
- Finn Freemantle (Year 9) also had a great meet, swimming four personal best times.