Top results for school's best speakers
Speech NZ Communicating in Leadership
Speech New Zealand's Communicating in Leadership exam tests a range of public speaking skills all relevant to developing leadership skills. Students present a persuasive speech, a social address (welcome, tribute, vote of thanks etc), facilitate a discussion on a current New Zealand leader and deliver a three-minute impromptu talk on a role model selected by the examiner.
This exam tests a student's versatility in a wide range of public speaking situations and is the culmination of a course that aims to develop and extend their ability to express their ideas confidently and appropriately to a variety of potential audiences. The course is perfect for any student intending to take on a leadership role either at St Paul's or beyond. It is also suitable for anyone keen to improve and develop their confidence in public speaking and general communication.
Sincere congratulations to all students on their outstanding results:
- Jack Bowick - Honours
- Adam Jefferis - Honours Plus
- David Koshy - Honours Plus
- Miah McDonald - Honours Plus
- Julia McLean - Honours Plus
- Max McLean-Bluck - Merit Plus
- Chris Penno - Honours
- Bryn Singers - Merit Plus
- Holly Skelton - Merit Plus
- Isaac West - Honours
Trinity College of London Examinations
Congratulations must also go to the following students, who chose to tackle the internationally respected Trinity speech examinations - again achieving an incredibly high standard of work.
- David Koshy - Communication Skills Grade 7 Distinction
- Gretel Muir - Speech & Drama Grade 7 Merit
- Chris Penno - Public Speaking ATCL Final grade still pending
- Max Watson - Communication Skills Grade 7 Merit