These procedures will be in effect from Term 2 onwards with a two week introduction period:
If students bring a MED to school, it is to be kept out of sight, switched
off, and not used during class or form time.
MEDs are permitted
- In class at the discretion of the teacher for learning purposes.
- During break time or lunchtime.
If a student has a MED out in class when not permitted
- They will be warned that it will be confiscated if it is not put away immediately.
- If it is not put away immediately or there is a repetition, the student will be issued with a “Yellow Card” and the MED will be confiscated to be returned at the end of school.
- The MED will be returned at the end of the day by the teacher from the office.
Responsibility for MEDs
- If students bring MEDs to school they do so at their own risk.
MEDs can include mobile phones, iPod, iPad, laptops, tablets etc.