Information for students and caregivers. Please see the photos below for the track and field timetables.
When: Friday September 9 8.45am – 3.00pm.
Students in the 1500m will need to be in the ground at 8.15am.
There is no cancellation day .
Cancellation: Will be posted on the Kavanagh College website, and an email will be sent to all families. In the case of cancellation school will operate as normal.
Where: The Caledonian at Logan Park. All Students are to meet directly at the Caledonian .
Buses: The Number 63 Logan Park bus leaves the Bus Hub (Stop A) every 15 minutes. There will also be a Van leaving from Kavanagh College dungeon at 8.25am if students need a ride .
Uniform: Year 7 – 10 students to wear correct PE Uniform.
Year 11 – 13 students to wear suitable sports clothing.
Note: bare feet are not allowed on the track. Spikes will be allowed.
Bring: Plenty of food and drink. Warm clothes, jacket, sun hat, sun cream. House colors and decorations for when not competing.
Other Important Information:
- All students are expected to attend.
- You must enter the ground through the correct gate – look for your year level sign. As you enter you will be checked off the roll.
- If you are unable to attend due to a legitimate reason, your parents must ring the school office as normal. Parents of students who are not present, or have not been excused, will be telephoned during the morning.
- After arrival sit in the grandstand with your house group.
- Students are not allowed to leave the ground during the day.
- During the day when you are not competing sit in the grandstand.
- Listen carefully to the announcer for your event(s) to be called. You should have identified on the timetable what time your events are scheduled for. There will be extra copies of the timetable on the notice board in front of the grandstand.
- If you have a clash of a field event and a track event on at the same time, you must report to the field event first to give them your name, and then go immediately to do the track event. The track event cannot wait for you.
- Sprinters in the 100m and 200m heats need to check the lists on the notice board to see if they make it to the semi-finals and finals.
- It is best not to bring valuables. Students do so at their own risk.
- No face paint is allowed.
- There will be a canteen selling sausages and bread, drinks, snacks, lollies etc. Bring CASH for this.
- Parents are welcome to come and watch at any time.
- House chants will be completed during the lunch break.
- At the end of the day all students will sit back in the grandstand for the announcement of final house points. You will then be released.