"Dunedin is a greedy wildlife hogger. Some of the south's best wildlife experiences are within easy reach of downtown Dunedin." Claire Finlayson
Department of Conservation have the following guidelines regarding contact with seals and sea lions:
- Give seals and sea lions space.
- Where practicable, stay at
least 10 metres away.
- Avoid coming between fur seals and the sea.
- Keep dogs on a leash and well away.
- Where practicable, do not drive vehicles within 50 metres
of a marine mammal.
- Never attempt to touch seals or sea lions — they can be
aggressive and often carry diseases.