Together we LEARN, GROW, THRIVE!
THE WEEK AHEAD:
- Monday 17 February
- Tuesday 18 February - Playgroup in the school Wharenui (9:30-11) all welcome!
- Wednesday 19 February - Mrs Mac is attending a professional development course today. Mrs Nimmo will be teaching in Pīwakawaka
- Thursday 20 February
- Friday 21 February - Malvern Top Team 9-11 for our year 5 & 6 Students. This event is being held at Glentunnel School. We will need one parent helper for transport and supervsion. Please let me know if you are able to help. Lucy C will be the teacher attending this activity. There will be no Garden to Table today as the Year 5 & 6 students will be at Top Team.
Future 'Hold the Dates':
- Monday 24 February - School Cuts with Phoebe
- Tuesday 25 February - Malvern Active Leaders Workshop. This is a full day of learning provided by the Selwyn Sport Trust for our Year 6 Learners. Lucy will be attending this day with the children
- Thursday 27 February - Kereru Washpen Falls Trip. Please see Kathy's note sent home during the week for more info on this trip. Contact Kathy for more info.
- Friday 13 March - El Grego magician at Greendale.
- Tuesday 17 March - Malvern Swimming Sports (Year 4-6)
- Wednesday 25 March - Year 3 & 4 Sport Spectacular
- Thursday 26 March - Whānau Workshops (After School)
- Tuesday 31 March - Malvern Spelling Bee
- Monday 6 - Thursday 9 April - Wellington Camp (Year 5 & 6)
Click here for our Windwhistle School Community Calendar
HAPPENINGS FROM THE WEEK:
For more regular updates follow us on Facebook
Garden to Table
Today we launched our new initiative for 2020 - Garden to Table. In the garden we learnt all about how to be safe and then we weeded and planted one of our vege gardens. In the kitchen we made pikelets with roasted strawberry and rhubarb with whipped cream on top. The strawberries and rhubarb were from Mrs Seawards garden and were super sweet. After we had finished we all gathered in the wharenui to eat the pikelets - YUM!!
To check out all our Garden to Table pictures click here!
Lucy is going to be teaching tennis on Mondays while Yvonne takes swimming lessons. If your child has a racquet please send it along with them on Monday.
These will be held on Monday, Week 5. (24 February) All proceeds from School Cuts go towards our camp, which this year is being held in Wellington at the end of this term. Please click here to book and support our camp!
These continue next week. Please send togs every day. The children's skills are progressing well. We aim to carry lessons on for as long as possible this term due to not being able to offer them next term.
Builders were in today completing the last of the trim install. Electricians were also working on completing the electrical fit off. Next is the plumbing fit off and flooring installation. The end is in sight!
Garden to Table
We had a fantastic day today in Garden to Table. Please can all chidlren on Garden next week bring gumboots, a trowel per family, and a pair of gardening gloves if you have them.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES NOTICES:
Fundraising Report February 2020
The Snowden lamb sale was held on the 16th of January. After initial fears that we wouldn’t have enough helpers people came forward without further prompting, which was much appreciated as a number were away. Kept it simple with sausage sizzle and cold drinks as the crowd rushes in then gone again so a good earner for 2 - 3 hours work. Thanks to Sarah, Meredith, Amanda and Rebecca who helped on the day and Lucy for purchasing necessary supplies and bringing them out.
Overall took $600 cash on the day, and $1070 to invoice out which includes sizeable donations from Snowden Station, Hazlett Rural Ltd and PGGWrightson Livestock. Total profit of $1260 with all food stocks gone (other than about 20 bottles of water).
Coleridge Pop Up Camp Site
We would like to say a huge thank you to the members of the Lake Coleridge community who upkeep this site and also to the Motor Home Association for advertising the site to it's members. We received $252 recently as a donation for the campers who stayed here over the Summer so far - THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Celebrating Children's Day 2020
Selwyn Parenting Network is delighted to be hosting its' highly anticipated SPN Children’s Day on Sunday 1st March - A totally free fun event for you and the whole family, proudly supported by principal sponsors Faringdon. The aim of Children’s Day – which is celebrated nationwide on the first Sunday of March - is to heighten awareness of the importance and needs of children in society, and ways of promoting their development. It’s a wonderful day to celebrate and bring families together and show how important children are in our community. The main theme this year is to ‘put Tamariki first’, with a focus on encouraging families to get out in nature.
Our flagship event held at Foster Park consists of three action packed hours of fun, laughter, activities, entertainment and games for the whole family including free bouncy castles, free pony rides, free sports activities, free sausage sizzles, free entertainment and giveaways, free resources and free information.... yes, you’ve got it: it’s a fabulous FREE event for all families!! It’s also a great opportunity for you to connect with numerous children’s services providers and community organisations.
Pack a picnic, bring your sunhats and water bottles, and come and relax on the field at Foster Park, all whilst enjoying huge amounts of fun with your tamariki and extended whanau! Spread the word wide and far, and if you’re keen to roll up your sleeves and help us out on the day, you will be doing your Selwyn community proud so please get in touch ASAP!
Learn & Play After School Golf Programmes
Includes opportunities to develop skills through fun games and experience learning golf on the golf course.
Limited to 8 people
Starting Wednesday 19 February at Hororata Golf Club
6 week programme $40
To register please contact Rachel on 359 4147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to add a notice here please email through to me by Thursday each week: email@example.com