School Notices - 6 March 2019
- Movin' March is underway - students are encouraged to WOW (walk or wheel) to school. Remember also the colouring competition at lunchtimes in the library
- Sign up for the School Open Morning - happening on Tuesday 26 March
- Pedal Ready continues - encourage your kids to practise the things they've learnt
- International Students summer picnic Thursday 7 March
- Capital E Children's Festival - Monday 11 & Tuesday 19 March
- PSW Football - Tuesday 12 March
Miniball (basketball) 2019 - Years 3-4: We need you!
We have a few spots left available in our years 3-4 team. So if you want to play miniball (basketball) for Amesbury School in 2019 please follow the link, read the information and sign up as soon as possible. For additional information contact Georgia at email@example.com.
Te Rito and Koru Hubs would welcome any donations of newspapers for our iTime, myTime and communications projects. You could give these to any teacher in Te Rito or Koru Hub. Thank you.
Board Games Wanted
Do you have any board games at home that are not being used (or know someone that does)? Do they have all their pieces and are fully playable? If so - we would love to have them if you no longer do. Please send any games to Lisa in Harakeke Hub.
Scholastic Book Club: change of closing date
The scholastic book club order date has now been changed to this Friday, 8 March. Please get your orders in before then. Any questions or queries please see Chrissy in the library.
Lost and Found
Please see Rachel at the office if these items belong to you/your child
- Attached photos (socks, fleeces, miscellaneous)
- A sum of money found in Koru Hub 2 weeks ago
- A size 6 green or red/orange uniform polo top
- A WCC library book (picture below)
The new system of returning named uniform items etc. to students seems to be working! Please help us keep lost property to a minimum by
- clearly labelling items. Iron-on labels (examples at office if you would like to check them out), or non-smudging laundry pens are great for naming clothing
- updating names on hats and fleeces when passing on to friends/siblings.
- checking that that fleece/hat your child has brought home has their name on it and not someone else's. Currently we are keen to locate a named size 2 fleece that has been missing for a couple of weeks.
Second hand clothing (these can be invoiced to your account)Winter Beanies $15 (3 left)Fleeces $20-$40 (sizes 4, 6 & 8)Skirts and Skorts (various sizes) $10 and $20Long sleeved black tops (various sizes) $5
Drama Holiday Programme - Drama Remedy
Drama Remedy holiday programme will be 3 days of activities from 15-17 April. Learn the fundamentals of Drama & Speech – voice, body, movement and use of space through fun group activities.
Experience a workshop on Rhythmic Gymnastics and Yoga for children.
(Drama Remedy is run by Maneesha who also teaches Amesbury's Speech & Drama, and Communication Skills co-curricular classes).
Marsden Open Morning
You are invited to the Samuel Marsden Collegiate School Karori Open Morning on Wednesday 20 March, any time between 8.48am and 12pm. The Principal’s address is 9am-9.15am. This is a great opportunity to see the Marsden campus, to explore the benefits of an all-girls education and to find out about Marsden’s Visible WellbeingTM approach and future-focused learning programmes. There will be staff and students to talk to and the girls look forward to showing you around. For more information and to register visitmarsden.school.nz/experience
Scholarships - Marsden School Year 7 Academic Scholarships for entry in 2020 are open, applications close 16 May. You can find more information and apply online.
If you have any questions or would like a personal tour please call Marsden's Enrolment Registrar Sonia Stinson 04 476 8707.